Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Life as we know it

It's hard. My son, now almost 11 months old, has decided that right now, Daddy is his favorite. I try not to be jealous but when he is doling out his sweet little hugs, it's pretty hard not to be. I admit, selfishly, that I want to be his favorite. I want those "big squeezies" as we call them. I spent some time wallowing in my self pity and crying over perceived slights by a baby.


Until today. Today when I went in his room to get him from the crib, I got my very own big squeezie. And I melted. And I cried some more...happy tears this time. He is such a sweet little love bug. Just look at this face (the picture is from when he was 4 months old, but it's one of my favorites).



We are supposed to start The Little Gym this Saturday and of course they are calling for a major snow storm. I've been looking forward to some quality time with Bug where we can play and have fun and his bed time isn't looming. We're signed up for 20 weeks...no way can it snow every Saturday for the next 20 weeks so the play time will come sooner or later.


Bug's birthday is looming. He'll be one in just a few short weeks. We've hit some snags in the planning. The location we wanted to have the party at isn't available and our house is just way too small. So I'm back to the drawing board. And of course the theme I've chosen, Moose & Zee from Nick Jr., isn't available anywhere! So I'm having some things homemade from etsy.com which is awesome. I never make anything easy though!! Who knew Moose & Zee would be so hard to find???





2 comments:

  1. He is growing so fast! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! he will be one in just a few weeks.... Time flies... I have to second Chelsea and say I love the blog :0)

    ReplyDelete