Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Birthday!

I've been a bad blogger for a very good reason. First we all came down with the stomach virus. OMG it was awful and poor Matt's lasted for 6 days off and on. Then he finally turned the corner with that and turned ONE on Friday the 12th! I took the day off from work to be with our little guy and my husband worked for a few hours. I took Matt to his doctors appointment for his year stats (22.10lbs--thanks stomach virus! and 30 1/2 inches). I didn't let him get his shots though because of his illness. Wanted him to recover first.

After a nap (him, not me!) we went to Adventure Aquarium where Matters loved the fish! He touched a baby sting ray and then tried to just splash in the water as if it were bath time. Totally adorable!

Saturday was the big birthday party and I'm sooo glad it is over! We had it at the house and had about 30 people there. It was pouring out so the kids couldn't even play outside and it was just too crowded in my little house. Matt had a blast though and showed off his walking skills to all the friends and family. The only person he wouldn't walk to was my MIL...he's such a good boy, staying away from evil! :)


I can't believe my baby is one! It truly did go by so quickly that I can barely remember the sleepless nights. I'll remember again soon enough. October will be here before we know it and the baby growing inside me will demand feedings every 2/3 hours. But it won't matter. I'll just thank God that I've been so blessed in my life and take a nap when I can.

2 comments:

  1. I had such a fun time!! I can't wait to see you guys again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay away from evil?! HAHA

    Happy birthday Matt! He will always be that little Matt from July when Yuku was in Philly!

    ReplyDelete