Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Leaving

Leaving for work each day is something that never gets easier. There is a routine, sure. I get up and get ready, go and take care of the dogs and cats, pack our bags then go wake the kids up to get them dressed. I'm lucky that the daycare provider feeds them for me...it lets me sleep a few extra minutes in the morning and my kids don't seem to want to eat as soon as they wake up so it works out perfectly. My husband leaves for work at 5:15, so the whole morning routine falls on me.

Today was both the best and one of the worst days that I've had to come to work though. After taking the kids to the sitters I was saying goodbye to Matt and gave him a hug and kiss and told him to be a good boy for Mum Mum Roe. He was busy playing with the other kids so wasn't paying much attention to me...makes for a smoother, tear-free getaway. But today...he decided to be adorable! He ran to me when I was at the door with his arms out yelling "squeezie" and puckering his lips. I scooped him up, gave him a tight squeeze and a kiss and said goodbye. He walked away and as soon as I put my hand on the doorknob, he repeated the process. He did this 3 times, giggling uncontrollably each time. My heart smiled as I walked out the door.

Oh hell...did I say goodbye to Luke? Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment